It’s our sixth podcast! We’ve done this six times! With summer fast approaching, this episode is devoted to Big Summer Event Blockbuster Movies! The Pigs discuss the rise of the blockbuster and why three old and cynical men don’t get nearly as excited about the movies as they used to. There must be some reason. Also, our takes on the latest, critically important movie news, Movie Jail, fun and games, an adventurous cold reading, and much, much more! Well, not that much, but there’s definitely more.
This time, on a very special episode of The Film Pigs Podcast:
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:00:40 – Movie News
- 0:04:43 – Host Todd Anderson presents this episode’s theme: Summer Movies & Blockbusters
- 0:23:22 – Skelton presents a case to send someone to Movie Jail
- 0:32:56 – The Nic Cage Memorial Bizarre Line Reading
- 0:38:11 – Tonn Slingdog’s DVD Corner
- 0:42:21 – Hey, What’s Your Opinion?
- 0:54:05 – A cold reading from Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- 1:00:00 – The Bottom Five Summer Movies
- 1:03:22 – A Moment Of Positivity
- 1:04:55 – Outro
3 thoughts on “Podcast #6 – Summer Movies & Blockbusters”
‘Hey, what’s your opinion?’ was fucking funny.
That is all.
You should have sent Paul Walker and Vin Diesel to jail together ala Tango and Cash in this episode.
If the fact that there are five Fast and the Furious movies doesn’t show the decline of the summer blockbuster I don’t know what does. And I’m omniscient.
If we’d done that we would have had to immediately release them based on how much stupid fun we had watching Fast Five. Pacing is the key ingredient in dumb summer movies. Also, destroying the streets of Rio with a giant bank safe doesn’t hurt.