It’s a return to form as the Film Pigs discuss Female-Driven Action Movies and why Hollywood doesn’t make more of them. Plus, hot-off-the-presses movie news, a precedent-setting session of Movie Jail, the Nic Cage Memorial Bizarre Line reading, a highly-stressful game of Taglines!, and TV’s Todd Robert Anderson gets everybody a beer!
This time, on a very special episode of The Film Pigs Podcast:
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:00:40 – Movie News
- 0:05:11 – Host Stephen Falk presents this episode’s theme: Female-Driven Action Movies
- 0:22:53 – Movie Jail
- 0:33:15 – The Nic Cage Memorial Bizarre Line Reading
- 0:06:24 – Taglines!
- 1:02:25 – The Bottom Five: Worst Female Action Characters
- 1:03:24 – A Moment of Positivity
- 1:04:16 – Outro
9 thoughts on “Podcast #20 – Female-Driven Action Movies”
My tagline for the Zellwenegger abortion chef movie is “You’ll never swallow this abortion!”
Great idea for an episode.
The thing is, Asia has been making awesome female-driven action movies for decades. And those broads get messed up shooting that stuff as much as the men do. Especially in Hong Kong, where the safety and union laws are virtually non-existent.
I agree with Stee that Zoe Bell should never be allowed to speak on film again. And she’s from New Zealand, not Australia. They even make a joke about that in DEATH PROOF.
And I’d be willing to send the marketing department of HUGO to the gas chamber just for putting that fucking 30 Seconds To Mars song in the first trailer.
Fuck Jared Leto and his shouty, tuneless drivel and Bowie-wannabe rock star posing.
We focused mostly on Hollywood-produced lady action films, otherwise Asian lady action films would have dominated. Perhaps a future podcast subject.
I think Emma Stone is in the new spiderman.
I think the ed norton/ christian bale movie needed a tag line that involved “the do not kill list”
1. One More Day – “Twenty-four hours. Three friends. One last chance.”
2. Kings and Pawns – “A kingdom will be lost. An empire will be born.”
3. Homeward Bound III: On the Loose in Normandy – “They’ll find a new home, together.”
4. Rose’s Thorns [I decided Zellweger’s character is named Rose] – “She’ll risk everything to follow her heart.”
5. Never Say Never Ever Again – “He can stop time. Can they stop him?”
6. Senior Night – “Til the break of dawn.”
7. Can’t improve on HitMommies. Tagline: “They don’t get desperate. They get even.”
8. Cold Call – “When you’re at the end of your rope, who’s on the other end of the line?”
Well played. “Rose’s Thorns” is especially good – I can see the title on the list of Oscar nominations.
Just catching up on these. This has quickly become one of my favorite podcasts now. Great job, guys. I think the hilarious make-em-ups should be pre-class homework, tho. And I think the idea of a movie based on chess is hilarious on many levels.
I also think that 1980s spoiled us for big action movies for women AND for men. Hollywood never saw actors or actresses like that before or since. Same goes for singing-and-dancing movies. You’ve got to have stars (and a director) who can pull it off before you start writing the vehicle.
“This time, the TELEMARKETER wants to kill YOU.”